As a manager you are responsible for:
- Organising workplace / workspace according to the health&safety regulations.
- Ensuring that personal protective equipment (PPE) is worn when necessary.
You must choose the equipment carefully and ensure employees are trained to use it properly, and know how to detect and report any faults.
- Organising, preparing and monitoring work, taking into account health&safety rules (e.g. how to protect employees against accidents, occupational disease and other work – related health problems and illnesses).
- Maintaining clean and tidy workplace.
Ensuring that work equipment, machinery, tools are safety and suitable for use by your employees.
Protecting employees from dangerous parts of machinery.
Making inspection of collective protection measures (e.g. their proper application, maintenance, using – for their intended purpose).
- Ensuring employees do their job in compliance with health and safety policies and procedures.
Training about actual and potential hazards.
- Providing instructions, procedures, trainings and supervisions to encourage people to work safely and responsibly.
- Allowing employees to do their job – only if they have got valid medical examinations.
- Reporting injuries and occupational diseases.